Tuesday 30 December 2014

The Corrie exchange

Sorry Alistair. I mean't it as an 'are'.
I don't really know you nor you me. There are only our actions.
I could not be offended by anything you said. How could I?
Your integrity in the council can only be shown by deed.
Again. I don't know you so please try to take this the right way.
If you are partially in this to court contacts to improve your tax advice business later then this its going to blow out of all proportion.
If as hope you 'are' in this for your desire to do right by the people of the borough and expect, if anything, a little long term financial loss for the privalege, then you have my upmost apologies. And I'd like to by you a drink and support you should your future in politics continue.
But I only have your deeds to go by.
Kaz
P.S If your the second guy then Happy Birthday by the way and sorry.
On 27 Jul 2012 14:10, <
Dear Kaz

You say you were hoping I was one of those?

So it appears it does not really matter what you and I say to each other, seeing as you have already made up your mind about me.

I would have preferred you ended with "I am hoping you are one of those", which would still be an underhand tactic of getting a reaction, but at least left the door open for dialogue.

But as you are not open to having a proper dialogue, you just want to attack, and you jump to conclusions, I guess there is no real point meeting up or continuing this conversation.

Which is a shame.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Alistair
Cllr Alistair Corrie

From: Kazek Lokuciewski
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 13:18:13 +0100
To:
Subject: Re: The 100M contract.

A list of each expenditure over £500 has to be published by the council and for 20 days each year the details of those must be made available. on request so companies people seeking government contracts have to accept that they may be scrutinised and the Government representative also. If you do not believe this is necessary they you may as well move to Bulgaria or Russia.

I would be absolutely happy and would not expect it to be any other way. Part of the cost of true democracy. Bit by bit we are getting there..

But rather than demand the information I thought I might test the water. Some people are honest, open and expect the same of all people they do business with. I was hoping you were one of those.



On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:59 PM,
Hi Kaz,

Would you as business person want to do business with the council if you knew your contracts with the council were going to be made public?

Would your clients be happy for you to publish your contracts with them?

This conversation will be so much easier face to face.

Alistair


From: Kazek Lokuciewski
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:06:28 +0100
Subject: Re: The 100M contract.

I don;t have those and it would take a lot of time.

Do you believe the community should not be allowed to see the contract?

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:18 AM, <cllr.alistair.corrie@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kaz

Can you find me some examples of bodies like WBC which have published contracts like these?

Can you find me examples of companies like WB which have done the same?

If you could bring those with you when we meet that would be great


Alistair
Cllr Alistair Corrie
0777 557 3454

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

From: Kazek Lokuciewski <kazek.lok@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 10:55:54 +0100
Subject: Re: The 100M contract.

Saturday 4th I gather you will be having some kind of feedback review anyway so we could work around that?

But back to the contract. Please . . . 

Some actual response to this. Not just  for me to read. Published for the people it really effects to review at their leisure.

Thanks

Kaz



On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM, <cllr.alistair.corrie@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Kaz

Can't do during the day due to work commitments.

This weekend is bad as it is my birthday weekend. Can we do next weekend?

I will think about the recording. It sounds a little big brother and weird, but let me get used to the idea.

Alistair
 

 

Thanks Alistair

Typically I unavailable until about 7:30pm but my work timetable is very flexible an I can get out for a couple of hours. Today is as good as any. 1pm ish?

It may be relevant to record the meeting do you have any objections, conditions. My motivation is so that as we talk I can quote the answers but I will seek your contextual approval of any quotes I intend to use. i.e. you will be given the opportunity to qualify it before I publish.

Regards

Kaz


------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Lokuciewski,
 
Thank you fo you email.
 
Please feel free to call me Alistair.
 
Why don't we meet up as soon as possible for an hour or two and talk through all the points which are on your mind?
 
Let me know what evenings or weekends would work best for you, an which timings would suit.
 
I look forward to meeting you.
 
Alistair
-------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Corrie.

I and many others were very disappointed to hear that you had signed the £100m 'Wokingham Regeneration' contract on the morning of the first day of the exhibition.

I will come clean. I am the Kaz4Wokingham who has been ranting about the proposals on twitter. To me it seems that the community was not adequately included and as an active member of the normal local community I know I am in the majority.

What busy person would turn up and give a view when there is a poster for  'Regeneration'. We trust the council to do a good job od the 1960s parade and though that was it.

In the same breath is the poster has said, 100 homes to be built on and around Elms field you would get a very different response and I feel that also a response should have been sought were the scope to have been an attempt at objectivity.

There was mention of 5000 leaflets for the original scope back in 2011. I have had to make a freedom of information request to find out which roads these were sent to since the information was never forth coming

The other area of concern is the actual contract. This is a very large contract with one specific supplier over 10 years. Given the scandals that we keep coming up in the media I hope you can respect that many people much like myself are no longer willing to accept anything short of complete transparency. I hope you believe as I do that a public representative should expect to prove their integrity with their actions rather than assume it.

I was hoping you would be willing to make the contract open to public scrutiny.

Regarding the actual plans I think they look nice and were it not for the fact that we have not yet resolved the school spaces issue and, that we have unacceptable congestion my objections would be solely based on the general Green view that the world can not afford to keep going on like this, one that locally I may well be in a minority.

 I suspect most would agree that affordable homes. But am also conserved that, in an areas where average house prices are nearly double in wokingham are nearly double that of the national average the profit for the developers here is massive. I would be sure that we are paying the developer reasonable building costs and the lion share being part buy property with needs assessed as the only solution to young people today having a family home.

I have been deeply angered that this information has not been made available and that my local community seems to be ignored. I aslo feel compelled to ensure as many people as possible are aware when they are not being actively included in the way I feel they should.

My channel has been mostly ranting on twitter.

I would rather this was not the case.

Please can you make the £100m contract freely available online to the community who it so deeply affects.

Regards

Kazek Lokuciewski


No comments:

Post a Comment